As Group Executive, Retirement Solutions and Advice, Paul makes an invaluable contribution to the development and implementation of the Hostplus' strategy, business plans and growth.
Principally Paul’s responsibilities include designing and delivering Hostplus’ retirement products, services and customer experience strategy, management of the retirement, direct investment and pooled superannuation trust products and platforms and Hostplus’ financial planning and advice services.
This involves ensuring retirement services, advice and products are professional, high-performing, compliant and consistently member-focused and achieving the key result areas and outcomes in alignment with Hostplus’ broader strategy.
With over 28 years’ experience in superannuation and the financial services industry, across a range of business disciplines, Paul has an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of successful organisations.
Paul has held C-suite and senior executive roles in both the public and private sectors, including chief executive, executive director and group executive positions is several of Australia’s best known and performed superannuation and pension funds. Prior to that he enjoyed a 13-year career in the Australian Public Service which included a number of senior officer roles in central agencies where I contributed to the development and delivery of retirement income policies, initiatives, multi-agency programs and national information and education campaigns.
Paul is a graduate of the Harvard Business School’s Leadership Development Program and holds qualifications in financial planning, management and administration.
Role & Key Responsibilities
- Group Executive, Retirement Solutions and Advice
- Leads retirement strategy, product and service development and delivery and the Retirement Solutions and Advice’s divisional growth initiatives
- Leads Hostplus’ key employer and member relationship management and retention initiatives, activities and programs
- Leads and manages the provision of the end-to-end financial planning and advice solutions and services for Hostplus’ various market segments
- Contributes to Hostplus’ product strategy and suite, service delivery and business insights
- Financial Planning, Advice and member guidance services
- External advice and intermediary engagement and support services (ie, external advisers, accountants, SMSF intermediaries and trustees)
- Development of retirement-specific solutions and strategy development for post-retirement risk management and mitigation
- Post-retirement product development and lifecycle management, encompassing pensions, annuities, tailored retirement phase investment options, health and aged care considerations)
- Stewardship, development and management of our PST solutions (SMSF product) and Direct investment platform (Choiceplus)
- Operational and Responsible Officer accountability for Hostplus’ MyRetirement regulatory framework and related compliance obligations
- Internal post-retirement subject matter expertise, training and information, and
- Representing Hostplus in relevant retirement policy development and advocacy forums.
Year of appointment
Qualifications and memberships
- PLD, (Exec. Ed.), Harvard Business School, MA, USA
- Diploma of Management (Financial Services), Macquarie University, NSW
- Diploma of Financial Planning, Deakin University, VIC
- Fellow, Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees
- Fellow, Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia
- Director, FEAL (Fund Executives Assoc. Limited)
- Member, ASFA Super System Design Policy Council
- Hostplus Group Executive, Business Growth, Client Relationships and Advice
- Hostplus Group Executive, Strategy, Business Growth, Product and Advice
- Hostplus Executive Manager, Member and Employer Relationships
- Chief Executive Officer, Military Super
- Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Australian Reward Investment Alliance
- Deputy Executive Director, Motor Trades Association of Australia
- Australian Public Service Senior officer roles in the Departments of Finance, Taxation, ComSuper, Defence and the Attorney Generals Department
|Other Directorships / appointments are detailed in the Relevant interests and relevant duties register.