Role & responsibility:
- Alternate Employee Director
- Chair of the Operations Committee
- Chair of the Claims Review Committee
- Appointed by United Workers Union.
Qualifications and memberships
- Master in Public and International Law (Honours), University of Melbourne (2006)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Melbourne (2003)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Melbourne (2003)
- Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice, Skills and Ethics (Honours), Monash University (2006)
- Admitted to legal practice; New South Wales (2016–present)
- Supreme Court of Victoria (2004–2010)
- High Court of Australia (2004–present)
- Graduate of AIST's Trustee Director Course
- Awarded the Garry Weaven Emerging Trustee Director Scholarship 2019
- Member, Women in Super
Bev has a background in industrial, corporate and regulatory law and extensive experience in media and communications strategy, stakeholder management and operational affairs. She has worked for over a decade in senior management positions in not-for-profit and member-based organisations. She is currently Deputy Director, Organisational Strategy, Risk & Compliance at the United Workers Union.
Previous roles include:
- Deputy Director, Member Engagement, United Workers Union (2019- 2021)
- Director of Corporate and Public Affairs, United Voice (April 2016–2019)
- Director of Institutional Advancement and General Counsel, University of the People (2010–2015)
- National Industrial Officer of the Textile, Clothing and Footwear Union of Australia (2007–2009)
- Solicitor at Minter Ellison Lawyers (2003–2005).
Other Directorships / appointments are detailed in the Relevant interests and relevant duties register.
1Appointed Employee Director 10 February 2017 – 31 October 2021, and as Alternate Employee Director, effective 1 November 2021.