More details on SuperRatings’ criteria and methodologies can be found at superratings.com.au
We measure our success by what we deliver for our members. But if you’re into awards, we’ve got those too.
SuperRatings is a leading third-party research, consulting and ratings firm for the super industry. Each year, SuperRatings recognises the achievements of individual super funds across a range of categories to determine which funds are delivering great outcomes for their members.
We were named SuperRatings’ Fund of the Year for 2023. The award is presented to the fund that offers the best value to its members. It’s judged across six categories: strong performance, competitive fees, insurance, administration, governance and an ongoing focus on member services.
The MyChoice Super of the Year award is given to the fund that offers the best value for money to engaged members. This award recognises the growth Hostplus has achieved from members outside our traditional industries of hospitality and tourism. We’re proud that around a quarter of our 1.7 million members have made an active choice to join us.
This award recognises our efforts to provide the best net benefit outcomes to members. Net benefit – the investment return you receive on your savings after all fees and costs have been taken out – is a simple way to measure how much value a super fund offers.
We’re continually recognised with SuperRatings’ highest rating – Platinum – for our super and pension products. Incredibly, in 2023 we received the 20-year Platinum performance - Super (2003-2023) - meaning our super product has been rated Platinum by SuperRatings for 20 years in a row.
Canstar is an Australian financial comparison site. The platform’s Outstanding Value Superannuation Awards recognise the super funds that provide exceptional value to customers across a range of ages and account balances.
Canstar 2023 Outstanding Value Superannuation1
For the sixth year in a row, Hostplus’ default Balanced option was recognised by Canstar for the outstanding value it provides our members. This award marks Hostplus as a stand-out in the super industry having achieved a 5-star rating across a range of products, ages and balances.
Find out more about Canstar at canstar.com.au
Rainmaker, publisher of Money magazine, is a third-party research provider for the Australian financial services industry. Each year, Money magazine’s Best of the Best awards assess more than 500 super products to find Australia’s top performers.2
Our Balanced (MySuper) option was awarded Money magazine's Best MySuper Single Strategy Product 2023. This award was in recognition of the product's performance over the short and long term.
Our Socially Responsible Investment – Balanced option won Best Diversified ESG Product for both super and pension thanks to strong returns over one, three and five years.
We’re proud to have been recognised by many other ratings, research and analytics providers for our ESG practices, best practice measures, investment options and products.
1. The Canstar 2023 Outstanding Value Superannuation Award was received in March, 2023
2. Money Magazine Best of the Best award winners are chosen by Rainmaker Information. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The award is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Visit moneymag.com.au to find out more about how the awards are chosen.
3. © Zenith CW Pty Ltd ABN 20 639 121 403 (Chant West), Authorised Representative of Zenith Investment Partners Pty Ltd ABN 27 103 132 672, AFSL 226872 under AFS Representative Number 1280401 2023. The scores produced by Chant West to derive the ratings are subjective scores that have been awarded based on data (including historical financial performance information) supplied by third parties. While such information is believed to be accurate, Chant West does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracy in such data. Chant West does not make any representation or give any guarantee or assurance as to the performance or success of any financial product based on the subjective ratings provided. Past performance is not an indication of future performance. The Chant West awards do not constitute financial product advice, however, to the extent ratings referred to in this document constitute advice, it is limited to “General Advice” (s766B Corporations Act 2001) for Wholesale Clients only. Individuals should seek independent financial advice before making an investment decision and should consider the appropriateness of this advice in light of their own objectives, financial situation and needs. Individuals should obtain a copy of, and consider the PDS or offer document from the relevant fund provider before making any decision. Information provided is subject to copyright and may not be reproduced, modified or distributed without the consent of the copyright owner. Except for any liability which cannot be excluded, Chant West does not accept any liability whether direct or indirect, arising from use of the information. Full details regarding Chant West’s methodology, ratings definitions and regulatory compliance are available at www.chantwest.com.au. A financial Services Guide has been made available by Chant West through its website at www.chantwest.com.au.
4. These ratings are issued by Rainmaker Information. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The rating is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Visit rainmaker.com.au to find out more.
5. The ratings issued April 2023 for Hostplus Balanced, Indexed Balanced, Property and Infrastructure are published by Lonsec Research Pty Ltd ABN 11 151 658 561 AFSL 421 445 (Lonsec). Ratings are general advice only, and have been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The rating is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Ratings are subject to change without notice and Lonsec assumes no obligation to update. Lonsec uses objective criteria and receives a fee from the Fund Manager. Visit lonsec.com.au for ratings information and to access the full report. © 2023 Lonsec. All rights reserved.
6. Heron Parnerships Quality Star Product Ratings for 2022-23 are featured on Heron Advisor. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The rating is not a recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Visit heronpartners.com.au to find out more.