Roles & responsibilities:
- Independent Director
- Chair of the Board
- Chair of the Nomination and Board Renewal Committee
- Member of the People and Remuneration Committee
- Member of the Special Investment Group.
1 July 2022
Qualifications and memberships
- Global Strategic Management (Intensive Program), Harvard Business School Executive Education
- Governor, AMCHAM Council of Governors (Queensland)
- Member, Queensland Government Climate Advisory Council
- Member, Queensland Government's Trade and Executive Roundtable
- Councillor, Queensland Futures Council
- Honorary Member of CPA Australia
- Member, Queensland Community Foundation, Board of Governors
- Member of AIST
Damien has over 35 years' experience in the financial services sector domestically and internationally. He has a strong focus on developing and executing strategy, particularly around growth, through strong partnerships and stakeholder management. Prior to his career in financial services he represented Australia in rugby union from 1986 to 1988.
His key senior roles have included:
- Queensland Investment Corporation (2012 - 2022); Chief Executive Officer
- BlackRock - Sydney (2007 - 2012); Managing Director and CEO; Head of Account Management Group; Chairman, BlackRock Investment Management Ltd Australia; Member of Asia Pacific (APAC) Executive Committee
- Merrill Lynch Management Australia (1999 - 2007); Director, Head of Retail Sales, Australia and NZ; Queensland State Manager Retail Sales
- Barclays Global Investors Australia (1989- 1999); Associate Director WA/QLD/NSW (Retail Marketing)
Other Directorships / appointments are detailed in the Relevant interests and relevant duties register.