Role & responsibility:
- Employer Director
- Chair of the People and Remuneration Committee
- Member of the Special Investment Group
- Appointed by the AHA
Qualifications and memberships
- Licensed Real Estate Agent (Queensland)
- Diploma in Financial Markets, Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
- Member of the AICD
- Life Membership Award 2009, Tourism and Transport Forum
- RG 146 (ASIC Tier 1) for the Superannuation Industry AIST.
With over 30 years’ experience in the tourism and hospitality industry across all facets, including operations, corporate management, investment, development, asset management and real estate, David continues to provide consulting services and strategic advice on tourism investment opportunities.
His key senior roles have included:
- Jones Lang LaSalle Hotels (1996–2010): CEO Asia Pacific, Global Hotels Board Member, International Director
- Sunotel Corporation, (1990–1995, 2010–present); Chairman, CEO and Founder
- Tourism and Leisure Corporation Limited (1984–1989): Managing Director, General Manager
- Hilton Internationals Hotel Group, (1978–1984): Operations Analyst, Food and Beverage Analyst.
Other Directorships / appointments are detailed in the Relevant interests and relevant duties register.