Our goal – to deliver great financial outcomes so our members might enjoy a dignified retirement – is more important to us now than ever.
Hostplus’ highlights from 2021 include:
- our flagship Balanced MySuper option delivering its best-ever one-year result in our 33-year history¹
- welcoming over 200,000 new members to Hostplus
- merging with Intrust Super, resulting in a larger, more efficient super fund that will benefit all members.
We’re growing to benefit our members
In November, we merged with Intrust Super and welcomed their members and employers into the Hostplus family. And in December, Hostplus and Statewide Super formally agreed to proceed to a merger of our two funds, which is expected to occur in April 2022.
Our growth in scale allows us to continue to offer competitive and innovative products and services and pass these benefits on to members.
Our popular Indexed Balanced option wins again
We’re also proud to announce that in its annual ‘Best of the Best’ awards, Money magazine named our Indexed Balanced option the Best-value Balanced Super Product for 2022². With an investment fee of just 0.06%, a low member administration fee (which doesn’t increase simply because your balance does), and a track record of having provided a return of 8.49% p.a. over 7 years³, it’s not surprising Hostplus’ Indexed Balanced option is one of our most popular options today.
We’ll always measure our success by the outcomes we deliver for our members, but it’s great that other industry bodies also celebrate our high standards of achievement.
Watch as CEO, David Elia, and CIO, Sam Sicilia, wrap up the year.
1. Source: SuperRatings Fund Crediting Rate Survey – SR50 Balanced (60-76) Index, 30 June 2021. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance and should never be the sole factor considered when selecting a superannuation fund.
2. Money magazine has awarded Hostplus Best Value Balanced Super Product as judged based on the lowest priced balanced superannuation products where fees are those that apply to balances of $10,000 and $50,000. Money magazine does not issue, sell, guarantee, or underwrite this product. Go to www.moneymag.com.au for details of this criteria. Awards and ratings are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund.
3. Source: SuperRatings Fund Crediting Rate Survey – Balanced (60-76), 30 June 2021.
This information is general advice only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider if this information is appropriate for you in light of your circumstances before acting on it. Please read the relevant Hostplus Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), available at hostplus.com.au/pds before making a decision about Hostplus. For a description of the target market, please read the Target Market Determination (TMD), available at hostplus.com.au/ddo. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance and should never be the sole factor considered when selecting a superannuation fund.
Host-Plus Pty Limited ABN 79 008 634 704, AFSL 244392 as trustee for the Hostplus Superannuation Fund (the Fund) ABN 68 657 495 890, MySuper No 68 657 495 890 198.