Getting advice from Hostplus just got easier.
We now provide members with greater flexibility and control over the costs associated with getting financial advice.
Many Australians believe financial advice is too expensive.1 This belief may have stopped you from finding out if financial planning advice could benefit you. That’s why we’ve changed our pricing structure, so Hostplus members can receive retirement planning advice, from a financial planner, for as low as $295*.
Or, if you’re not quite ready for comprehensive retirement planning advice, we still offer limited personal advice at no additional cost to you. Topics include investments, contributions and insurance on your Hostplus super account.
We’ve also enhanced our service delivery to provide you more options to get more advice. After all, as a super fund, our job is to help members achieve the best retirement possible. We believe these changes will help more members get more advice, as well as providing you greater control over the costs of gaining this valuable advice.
How can I access financial advice?
There are three main ways you can access our financial planning and advice.
1. Advice online. SuperAdviser, which comes at no additional cost to you, provides personal advice online to help you choose:
- the right investment option based on your individual preferences, goals and tolerance to risk,
- insurance types and levels to protect you and your loved ones,
- the contributions you need to make to reach your retirement income goals.
2. Phone based advice. If you want to talk with someone, call us on 1300 303 188 and chat with our friendly and professional Advice Support Officers (ASO), at no additional cost. As part of our service delivery enhancements, our ASOs are now fully licensed to provide general advice about superannuation.
Depending on the level of advice you need, they may also refer you to a superannuation adviser who is qualified to provide you limited personal advice about your Hostplus super account, at no additional cost to you as a member.
Or, for a fee, these superannuation advisers can now also help you consolidate your super, review insurance outside of Hostplus, and help you to use the Government’s First Home Super Saver Scheme.
3. Face-to-face retirement advice. For those wishing to carve out a clear plan to achieve your retirement objectives, our comprehensive financial planning service provides you holistic advice based on your unique circumstances across most advice areas. It now includes Centrelink’s Home Equity Access Scheme (formerly the Pension Loan Scheme), for those who would like to use their home to provide more income in retirement.
Under our new advice process, Hostplus financial planners can complete comprehensive retirement modelling and analysis based on the information you provided earlier to our Advice Support Officers.
At your initial meeting, your financial planner can show you this modelling and analysis and how you are tracking towards your retirement goals. If you’re not ready to go further, you only pay $295 to cover the work already done and you will receive a personalised retirement modelling paper to take away.
Or, if you decide to continue on the comprehensive advice journey, where the financial planner will tailor recommendations to help get you on track to achieve your desired retirement lifestyle, fees for financial planning services provided are agreed and payable as you go.
More control over your personal advice journey?
That’s a plus.
We’re here to help.
The information in this article is correct as at time of publication.
1. Mymavins Research for Financial Planning Australia, September 2022 – Page 3 of the presentation, FPA Financial Planning Week Research, Triggers vs Barriers for Advice
* If you proceed to receive full comprehensive financial advice, which will include a tailored comprehensive Statement of Advice, additional fees will be payable. Depending on your needs, these fees will generally range between $1,500 and $4,000.
This information is general advice only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider if this information is appropriate for you in light of your circumstances before acting on it. Please read the relevant Hostplus Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), available at hostplus.com.au before making a decision about Hostplus. For a description of the target market, please read the Target Market Determination (TMD), available at hostplus.com.au.
Issued by Host-Plus Pty Limited ABN 79 008 634 704, AFSL 244392 as trustee for the Hostplus Superannuation Fund (the Fund) ABN 68 657 495 890, MySuper No 68 657 495 890 198.
Hostplus has engaged Industry Fund Services Limited (IFS) ABN 54 007 016 195, AFSL 232514 to facilitate the provision of personal financial advice to members of Hostplus. Advice is provided by financial planners who are Authorised Representatives of IFS. Fees may apply for Comprehensive Financial Advice, further information about the cost of comprehensive advice is set out in the relevant IFS Financial Services Guide, a copy of which is available from your financial planner. Hostplus has engaged Link Advice Pty Ltd ABN 36 105 811 836, ASFL 258145 to facilitate the provision of limited personal financial advice to members of Hostplus via the web-based product Super Adviser.