Hostplus is extremely proud to have been named as the 2023 SuperRatings’ Fund of the Year.
The Fund of the Year award is judged across three key categories which include strong performance, competitive fees, and an ongoing focus on members.
Hostplus Chief Executive Officer, David Elia, said the accolade was great recognition for the Fund’s ongoing commitment to improving the retirement outcomes for its 1.6 million members.
“We are honoured to be recognised and awarded SuperRatings’ 2023 Fund of the Year. At Hostplus our members’ best financial interests are at the core of our decision making and the net benefit we provide to them at retirement,” Mr Elia said.
“We attribute our success to a number of factors - a long-term investment philosophy, member-first ethos, innovative product development, and of course, the skill and dedication of our staff, industry partners, and Board.”
Hostplus was also awarded in the categories of:
- Net benefit – awarded to the fund with the best Net Benefit outcomes delivered to members over the short and long term.
- MyChoice Super of the Year – awarded to the fund with the best value for money offering for engaged members.
In addition to this, Hostplus was named as a finalist in an additional 4 out of 8 SuperRatings award categories, including:
- Smooth ride – awarded to the fund that has best weathered the ups and downs of the market, while also delivering strong outcomes.
- Career Fund of the Year – awarded to the fund with the offering that is best tailored to its industry sector.
- Pension – awarded to the find with the best value for money pension offering.
- MySuper – awarded to the fund that has provided the best value for money default offering.
Hostplus is also thrilled to achieve the 20 Year Platinum Performance Rating.
These awards cap off a significant past financial year which saw the Fund record the following milestones:
- Completed mergers with Intrust and Statewide Super.
- Increased membership by 23% and increased our FUM by 31%, ending the year with 1.6m members and $80bn in FUM.
- Introduced a suite of leading products and services that deliver better utility and choices to our members.
Hostplus is one of the largest industry super funds in Australia with 1.6 million members, more than 280,000 contributing employers and more than $87.5 billion in funds under management, as at 30 September 2022.
The information in this article is correct as at time of publication. This information is general advice only and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. You should consider if this information is appropriate for you in light of your circumstances before acting on it. Please read the relevant Hostplus Product Disclosure Statement (PDS), available at hostplus.com.au before making a decision about Hostplus. For a description of the target market, please read the Target Market Determination (TMD), available at hostplus.com.au.
Net investment returns represent the rate of return on investments after investment-related fees, costs and taxes have been deducted. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance and should never be the sole factor considered when selecting a superannuation fund.
The rating is issued by SuperRatings Pty Ltd ABN 95 100 192 283 AFSL 311880 (SuperRatings). Ratings are general advice only and have been prepared without taking account of your objectives, financial situation or needs. Consider your personal circumstances, read the product disclosure statement and seek independent financial advice before investing. The rating and awards are not recommendation to purchase, sell or hold any product and are only one factor to be taken into account when choosing a super fund. Past performance information is not indicative of future performance. Ratings are subject to change without notice and SuperRatings assumes no obligation to update. SuperRatings uses objective criteria and receives a fee for publishing awards. Visit https://www.lonsec.com.au/super-fund/ratings-and-awards/ for ratings information and to access the full report. © 2022 SuperRatings. All rights reserved.
Issued by Host-Plus Pty Limited ABN 79 008 634 704, AFSL 244392 as trustee for the Hostplus Superannuation Fund (the Fund) ABN 68 657 495 890, MySuper No 68 657 495 890 198.