Our past and present
Founded by the Australian Hotels Association (AHA) and United Voice in 1988 the fund has grown to be one of the largest in Australia. With over 1.2 million members, more than 213,000 employers and $47.8 billion in funds under management (as at 30 June 2020), the scale and ongoing growth of the fund allows for low member costs and a broad range of investment opportunities.
With our origins in the hospitality and tourism industries, Hostplus continues to evolve as the lifetime fund of choice for all Australians, delivering retirement income security to our members.
Today and tomorrow
We’re constantly improving
There’s a saying that money never sleeps. That’s why we constantly look for new ways to give you, our members, industry leading tools and services.
As a Hostplus member you can access your account 24/7 and take your details with you everywhere you go with the Hostplus App. Our focus is to help you make the most out of your money.
We win awards.
Hostplus is widely recognised as an industry leader and we proudly support our members right through their working lives.
Our recent accolades were:
- Winner Money Magazine Best Fixed Interest Super Product 2021
- Canstar 5 star rating for Hostplus Personal Super and Account Based Pension 2019
- SuperRating Best Growth Return 2015-20, Best Balanced Return 2014-19 and 15 year Platinum Performance 2005-20
- Selecting Super Best Long-term Performance 2019, Best Performance Fixed-Income 2019
- Chant West Highest Quality Fund for Super and Pension 2020
- Heron Partnership Quality Star Rating, Top Ten Investment Features, Top Ten MySuper 2020-21